Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gatchaman The 3D Movie Trailer And the Shut Down of Imagi Animation Studio





I feel so excited when I watched this Trailer. One of the coolest character from Tatsunoko Production.
Introducing Gatchaman a.k.a G.Force (Battle of The Planets), maybe some of you already knew this anime series back in the late 80's. The story is about 5 teenagers whose been train to become the science ninja team who battle against Galactor an evil terrorist organization.

The production is handled by Imagi Animation Studio, same studio who created the TMNT and Astroboy the Movie. Recent news I heard was they have a financial problem and right now been officially shut down. The TMNT was a flop ($54 million in theaters) same goes to Astroboy (making only $19.5 million the end in the US on a $65 million budget). I guess that was the end of their journey. However, it is mentioned that they "will continue to develop movie ideas and outsource the actual animation work to mainland China and other countries, where costs are lower."

Hopefully that was not only a rumor and they still keep continuing this Gatchaman movie. By the look of the trailer this movie looks promising. I personally feel so sad when I heard this news because I like Astroboy and I like their 3D style, actually it's not really incredible compare to pixar but they have an unique style which is different from other 3D movie. Dreamworks, why not you buy this studio and continue produce a good quality 3D Movie :P

(Source: www.firstshowing.net, Wikipedia, Associate Press AP)

No comments:

Post a Comment